So a quick recap of today’s launch before we head out to regroup and recharge before the next steps.
- The Original Block Collection has been successfully launched on-chain today. We did have a couple of technical hiccups on the way, most notably the frontend was playing tricks on us, which resulted in people seeing different pieces in the My Collection section on the website (incorrect pieces) and opensea (correct pieces). We then fixed the issue on the website and it began to sync. It was a bit of a process, and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for those involved — a journey up for some, with pieces down the rarity ladder turned to actually be ones higher up, and down for some, where it happened the other way. We apologise for the inconvenience. Launches are tricky.
- Because the metadata on opensea needs to be refreshed for it to turn unrevealed artworks into actual pieces, there are nearly nine thousands of them and they’re quite large, this will take a while. We expect to be able to see the full collection on opensea within the next 24 hours, with rare pieces gradually surfacing here and there.
- As the Institute held 4720 out of the total supply of 8893, we got around half of all the pieces, rare pieces among them. We will take the next couple of days to evaluate the Legacy Collection and come forward with a purchasing plan for its growth.
- We cannot tell you to sell or buy, but we can suggest that it is probably not very interesting for the Institute to have a Legacy Collection of over four thousands element. Therefore, the rarity index could be in for a bit of a shuffle. Do with it as you may.
- We already start to hear some amazing stories — like this one. There will be many more, we’re sure.
- Thank you for today — have fun on opensea, do not be in a rush, tomorrow the dust should settle a bit and we should be able to see a clearer picture of what the pieces of the Original Block Collection look like on the free market — and what steps to best take next.
For now, it’s over and out for tonight for us, folks. We’ve had a couple of really long weeks, we’re very happy to have launched and to be live and we need to recharge. We will check back with the community tomorrow. Thank you.
Thank you for your support,
Your friends at Blockchain Art Institute